Tuesday, June 8, 2010

World Animals- Part 1 (whew)

The one project I'm really working hard to finish is a children's book on animals around the world (especially endemic animals). I wanted to make a book that would combine a bit of geography and the appeal of animals, as well as putting a lot of focus on the illustrations so it would look good as a coffee table book.

I am about halfway through as far as the animal artwork is concerned. I also have about half the pages laid-out. The animals are organized by continent or region. I'm hoping to have it out in both languages (English and French) by the end of the summer...

Here's a few of the animals so far. They're isolated on white here because the pages' backgrounds are HUGE files and it takes a long time to resize. Besides, I have to keep some of it a surprise, no?















2 comments:

  1. I love all of these, you are sooooo talented! The raccoon is super sweet and the fish is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look really amazing Celeste! I definitely want to pick up a copy of the book, it might come in handy down the road ;) Of course, only in english, lol

    - Ira

    ReplyDelete